Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Voicemail

I've been using Google Voice for my voicemails for a while now, mostly for the transcription service. It's useful receiving text messages of a voicemail when I can't call and listen to the voicemail myself. For some reason, though, the service is never any good at transcribing Bridget. I don't know if she mumbles, or if the speaker on her phone is just bad, but I get the most hilarious transcriptions from her messages.

Today, she decided to stop by my office and say hi during what is normally my lunch period. Unfortunately, my lunch was moved up an hour and a half, so we weren't able to connect. Not that I had any idea she was coming when what I get as a voicemail transcription is this:

Hey Nathan, it's Bridget, we are circumstances have brought me to the waffle house on the menu and 0 E. It's 438 so you should be going to lunch since you're not ready at lunch and i wanna send send money but I'm only out here. I thought maybe we could you give me a bank card, yes and Hey Nat, it's Heather something else. So I'm gonna head in that direction. Give me a call when you get up for lunch and hopefully we will be leaked we can actually see each other. Okay love you yahoo to talk to you soon. Bye.



Words in bold are words Google Voice is pretty sure it has the correct transcription for. Now, when I get this message, this is one of 6 missed calls I have from her. Also greeting me, left from 4:41PM to 5:03PM:

Or you could use. He had your gumbo and hot site and let you know we get home with no way that I am. That them stuff. He may yes so so please please please call. Please, please be out for lunch in please please please don't have your phone turned off for debtor's from. I love you and Mike at 18 Tina, I'm just turning into the parking lot, so please please please call me and it bye.



Hey Nathan, it's 453. I was just gonna run the entire parking lot and I don't see your car anywhere. Bleached Dennis praised me, but I guess maybe you forgot your lunch. She's going to go get something somewhere. I don't know, but hey. Nat, I need to see if maybe I can ask somebody is a no, you know if they come out and Hello, this is a much longer. I'm gonna go ahead and ill and don't worry about it. If you get this, and I've made. Ohh and suck if you will see you tonight and I love you and and looking forward to T, PA stuff so i love you, Sorry I missed this incident and I'm gonna go. I love you.



Hey Nathan, it's Bridget again I. D. N. S. Somebody and she said she didn't know you, but she said she would ask security, if you were there, so I'm still waiting to see if she told me that or if you come outer nobody comes out or what. 459. Now you know. I just part of a half over. If you go out for lunch at 94 30. Missing you and having lunch with it doesn't change and you know hey hey and Women Center. I'm just a little bit longer. You know I don't have high hopes that they said I couldn't find your card I talk to you can see how you left for work. You need to work right. Nat, it's a where a I'm not gonna do a on that now the okay. I'm sure I'll be leaving at least one more message for you. So I was. Bye.



Hey Nathan, it's Bridget, I'm going in leaving now, because nobody ever came out so if you came up and I don't know where you were none of them are so 8506 now clearing my car. And yeah, yes this message and area calling to grab that cup island and give me a call and I'll be happy to come home. If I missed in with you, then you know. Like I said only about it because I'll see you tonight and I will get together for lunch. Another time. I love you so much. I hope you're having a great day it and yes this is tell me where cars night here so it seems awfully suspect for someone to exploit dot, com bro, yes, so I. I love you. Okay bye.

3 comments:

Kent Frazier said...

Ha, that is awesome. I was actually having a conversation about Google Voice right before reading this. Haven't tried the voicemail transcription yet, but now I want to see what it comes up with :)

Amy said...

Amazing. I know it's supposed to be messed up and nonsensical, but I can actually hear Bridget leaving those messages, and somehow, that makes total sense. I miss you guys!

teahouse said...

Tee hee hee. I loved this because I got to hear Bridget's voice again, and that's something I haven't heard in AGES!!!!