Saturday, August 09, 2008

Job's Done

So, I lost my job a couple of weeks ago. I'd been pretty stressed out for quite a while, both work and home related, and it made me practically useless. So I fell behind on stuff at work, and was fired for it. Right decision, really; I'd have fired me too.

I've taken one of the Louisiana state civil service exams, and did pretty well on it (though not as well as Bridget or her sister). I've applied for a few positions, a couple in Natchitoches, one in Shreveport, and one in the Lafayette area. Yesterday I took an assessment exam at a call center in Lafayette, and they seem excited to hire me.

We're looking around at other possibilities, too. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Geolocate this post

Posted with LifeCast

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I know the stress of being in between jobs.

Deanne said...

Best of luck on the job hunt! I guess this means you have to change the name of your blog again.

teahouse said...

Hey, Amy told me about this, and that you guys are moving. I'm really sorry about what happened. I'm sure it wasn't your fault. But now you can spend more time with your adorable little girl!!

Best of luck to you guys..I know you'll land on your feet.