Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Jury Duty

I got a letter about a month ago telling me I was being subpoenaed for jury duty. My reaction to this was actually "Yay!" as I've been wanting to serve on a jury for some time now.

Lots and lots of waiting. That's what happened the first day. The jury selection took ALL day. I ended up as an alternate. Bah. It's like the black sheep of the jury. They have to hear all of the evidence, but don't get. Real vote. How lame.

Anyway, we're on a break right now, waiting to be called back in for closing arguments. Then we get to deliberate. Then, finally, I'll be able to talk about the trial itself.

Court, btw, is just like ok TV. Sarcasm, glares, and drama, oh my!

4 comments:

Amanda V said...

Sounds like fun!!! I have been waiting for you to update your blog with job stuff...how was the test???

Anonymous said...

Very interesting. I don't look forward to serving jury duty some day, and what's worse is that I don't think they'd let me knit in court. :)

teahouse said...

Hahaha..I was put on a jury once. It was a very interesting experience. I've always hated how some people lie to get out of jury duty. It's our civic duty, and a small price to pay for the court system we have in this country. Good for you!

And witih unexpected illnesses and disqualifications, alternates have to step up and become full jurors much more often than you'd think.

Cade said...

I hate jury duty, and my 2 year period of freedom from being called is up in november....I HATES IT!!!