Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Objects of Newness

So there's the possibility of the ultimate blending of my two jobs. We've known for a while now that we need a new location for the karate school. The hotel operates a 2400 square-foot conference hall out in back, complete with air conditioning, a storage room, and two bathrooms. Sounds like a match.



Bad news, my manager/owner of the hotel rents the room for more per day than I pay for a month's rent at my current location. Still, I will approach him with a full proposal - the building is RARELY used on the days I'll be needing. It would be sitting there, earning him no money, while I could be using it AND paying him, albeit much less than what he normally makes. On the other hand, we won't be bringing food, or drinks, or loud music. So, hopefully he'll like the ideam and take into consideration that I've worked for him for longer than all of his other desk clerks combined.


No comments: