Thursday, November 02, 2006

tvRSS

tvRSS is a site dedicated to providing RSS feeds of TV show torrents. I recently started using this along with the RSS Feed Scanner plugin for Azureus.

It's a pretty simple concept; the Scanner periodically checks the various feeds, and if it finds a new entry with one of my keywords, it downloads the torrent and starts it up in Azureus.

RSS Feed Scanner allows the set up of multiple feeds, for multiple shows. I currently have one set up for Heroes, one for Smallville, and one for Jericho. It also has the ability to parse the filename string to determine season and episode (assuming it uses one of about 5 season/episode formats), so I can instruct it to only download Smallville episodes Season 6 episode 6 and later, for instance. It will keep track of which episodes it has downloaded, and won't download those later.

This saves me from having to search for new episodes every few days, especially now that I'm trying to watch 3 different shows.

3 comments:

Cade said...

god bless my dvr....oh I am paying for it, but I love it

Bridget said...

I have a thought about heroes..

Anonymous said...

So, what you're saying is... nerds have developed a DVR/TiVo technology that downloads instead of records. So is the slogan gonna be, "You can pause and rewind previously aired television."?

William