Monday, March 28, 2005

Birthdays, Babies, and Blogs


Just got back from Lafayette, visiting with Bridget's family. Her sister and brother-in-law are down from Seattle, so we hung out and had a great time. Spent time with their grandmother in a nursing home in Houma on Friday, which was kind of sad. The visit was a good one, don't get me wrong. Bridget said, though, that it's getting to be like visiting her brother Mikey.



I can't recall what we did Saturday at all, other than lay around the house. It was a pretty lazy day. OH! We watched Army of Darkness at one point; it was Miss Gretchen's first time seeing it, which was funny to watch. Then we went and visited my mom for a few hours, discussed my brother piercing his eyebrow that day, and then went to eat at IHOP. This meal was a bit awkward, for me, because our server happened to be the only other girlfriend I've ever had. It was also here that we learned, though we didn't believe it at first, that my sister is pregnant with another little girl. This will mark her fourth in as many years.



Sunday, Easter, we skipped out on Mass, as everyone was exhausted, and Bridget and I went to my sister's for my oldest nephew's birthday, snagging my sister alone for a moment to confirm that, yes, she is pregnant, and yes, it is a girl. Brodi opened presents and was all around cute, as were Ashton and Ayla, and the party was a success, when we had to leave for Kelley's birthday party. We snagged the big 3 candle from Brodi's cake to be part of Kelley's 30, bought a 0, and then went bowling, which was a blast. Probably the best I've ever bowled. Then we went back to the house, ate a great roast beef meal, and then I drove tiredly home to serve my sentence - er, I mean shift - here at the hotel. I may have left out some minor details about late-night Wal-Mart trips and episicles, but who's keeping track?



On another note, I've been learning to use this great open source image editing program called The GIMP. It is perhaps the most user unfriendly program I've ever used, mostly because the interface is non-intuitive, although it has taken leaps forward from previous versions. Once you get used to a few minor things, though, it's actually pretty easy to use. I'm almost done with a new layout for this blog that I hope you all enjoy.

4 comments:

Cade said...

ARGH!!! GIMP IS HORRIBLE!!!

I wanted to stab myself after using that program....lol....I kid it wasn't so bad. I made it work for me.

Its was nice your trip was so good. Mine was too. I enjoyed spending time with matthew, but you didn't hear this from me. Your new student is trying to use his new "Skills" on me.





NAH!! He had me help him practice his blocks. Then afterwards said, "You punch like a boxer."

Anonymous said...

I would use GIMP if I didn't have my *ahemillegalahem* copy of Adobe Photoshop. It is kind of funky to figure out.

Anonymous said...

Again!? You Poor sister. Hopefully this won't be offensive, but... I know you guys used to be catholic so.. Does she have something against birth control?
-Daisy

Anonymous said...

what daisy said, geez.
-katie