Thursday, May 19, 2005

I am Alive

And I am quite thankful for that.

I totalled my van Saturday night - and when I say totalled, I mean there was NOTHING salvageable from it, except perhaps the front passenger door. Adam and I were the only ones inside, thankfully, and we walked away with no major injuries. I, in fact, had only a minor abrasion from my seat belt. Adam had a few pieces of glass in his arm, and a mark left by the marauding Dr Pepper can that smacked him in the face. How do we know it was a Dr Pepper can? We could see the indentation of the tab on his face, inside of a circle.

As Rick informed me I must start...

It was a dark and stormy night. Well, not so stormy. It rained gallons for a few minutes and then cut out. We were following Andy to his house when the van started to hydroplane and drift to the right. I was trying to ease the wheel to the left to keep us from hurtling off into the darkness when the wheels left the road. We bounced around, scraped on the road, and then hit something REALLY HARD. This something was a 4 or 5 inch tall concrete barricade on the side of a bridge, which prevented us from flying into a 10 foot gully. Instead we scraped along this barricade before hurtling off into the woods. We took out a grove of bamboo, fishtailed, finally flipped, landed on the roof and slammed the passenger side of the van into a tree.

I'll post pictures and the aftermath of the wreck later.

3 comments:

teahouse said...

Omigosh, you totaled your car? Are you ok??

teahouse said...

I'm linking you, by the way!! Kelley just told me about your site...

teahouse said...

Just don't let on that you know me in real life (or my real name). Oh, won't it be fun!! Heeheeheee.