Friday, March 10, 2006

Specifics

More about the job:

I will be working morning shifts most likely. This works out great for me, cause I'll get to see sunlight and Bridget again. Also great for them, as they have a night manager who comes in at 3.

I will be working 5 days a week, and weekends, as they are very busy, will be part of my work week. I can choose my "weekend" from the rest of the week.

I will be in charge of ensuring smooth operations at the front desk. Making sure everyone is following protocol, that deposits are beng taken, rooms correctly assigned, etc. I will be in charge of scheduling the front desk, and I will be tasked with being the emergency on call guy, which is cool, cause I've been doing that for years anyway.

I may actually start training before my 14 days is up at the Holiday Inn, on my days off there, to a) get a head start, and b) earn some more money. Both are good.

Really, working for Jay wasn't that bad. He was a decent guy, good sense of humor. He just took his employees for granted. Bridget told me I was being used, but I don't think so. I just don't think it occurred to Jay to do that.

But, I am glad to be starting somewhere new. Somewhere with fellow co-workers. somewhere with upward mobility. Somewhere that PAYS.

1 comment:

Dee said...

Congrats!