Saturday, March 18, 2006

The times they are a-changin'

Well, we bought a new car. New to us, any way. And pretty new overall. A 2003 Saturn Ion, cranberry in color, 5-speed manual transmission. Very nice. I'll post pictures soon.

I've also started training at my new job, and so far, I love it. The Property Management System they use seems like it's a breeze to work with. Many times working at the Holiday Inn I've wished that certain functions were easier to access, or that it was easier to switch from one to the other, and this program focuses on that.

The staff members are also fantastic, from the desk clerks, to the managerial staff, to the wait staff, everyone is very friendly. And thes pressure I felt at being hired is starting to ease some, as my supervisor told me today she expects I'll be up to full speed within 6 to 8 weeks. I was definitely expecting to be up before then, and I thought they were too, so I guess my learning curve will be somewhat more realistic now.

Anyway, I've got more work tomorrow, so I'm off to bed.

6 comments:

Bridget said...

(:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's wierd to think we'll have a new-ish car soon too.

I'm glad you're enjoying your new job :)

Dee said...

Huzzah to liking new job.
Double huzzah on new-to-you Saturn Ion. I have an Ion Quad Coupe and love it.

Dee said...

Huzzah to liking your new job.
Huzzah also to the new-2-u Saturn. I have an Ion Quad Coupe in "chili pepper red." I love it.

Cade said...

WooHOO FOR CARS!!!
I might have one soon....

teahouse said...

Hey, congrats on the new car!! And manual transmission is the only way to go. Automatic is for wusses!!