Wednesday, October 13, 2004

The Big Talk


We had a big meeting today at the karate school, to tell all of the students about the move. I had typed up letters and maps and stuff, and we handed them out, and I spoke briefly about the benefits of the move. Everyone seemed pretty excited about it.




I've been pretty nervous about that, for some reason. I didn't quite know how everyone was going to take it. I mean, it's not like I could see real reasons for them to really complain about it or anything. But what if they did? Thankfully, of course, don't have to worry about that.




Was supposed to have a new student start today, but she didn't show up. Hopefully she'll be here Thursday.




I'm going to my friends' wedding. The groom is my first, well, only dorm roommate from college. We shared a room for two years - great guy. Love him to death. He and his soon-to-be-wife lived with my wife for a little while, meaning I lived there too, really. And I'm the best man. I'm very much looking forward to it. I was married in June; was a groomsman for my karate instructor in July; attended my wife's sister's wedding in July; and now I'm the best man at this wedding. Yay! For Marriage.

4 comments:

Cade said...

oh yeah. yay for marriage. woohoo. yip yip yahoo.
:mumbles something about couples annoying the crap out of him

Anonymous said...

I guess that's why you're not going to Daisy and Joe's wedding then, Cade? Thpbthp!

Yay for the move! Yay for the wedding!

Cade said...

no actually a friend I might never see again is coming in to town and I can't miss that opportunity.

Anonymous said...

Hey you, dont forget about being a "man at arms" in my wedding either....

corey