Friday, October 01, 2004

Old Friends

An old friend came into town today. Hadn't seen him since my wedding - so it was very good to see him. I've lost touch with so many of my friends over the years. I can divide my life in to several sections by friends:



Late college: That is, now. My wife and current crop of friends, whom I can see losing touch with as our lives move on from this area and period.



Early college: All of my friends from this time have moved away; I still keep in touch with some of them. I can feel them slipping away slowly at times, though.



High school: I had few friends in this time of my life; two, really. And now I rarely speak to them. Two of the greatest friends of my life. I do try... probably not hard enough.



Pre-high school: I have this great group of friends that lives in Massachusetts, near where my grandmother lived, and I would visit there every summer. My best man is in this group, and two of them came to my wedding. I probably keep more in touch with this group than any other besides my current friends.



I fear losing friends, because I'm so bad at keeping in touch. I wish we could all just form a commune somewhere. Wishful thinking eh?


No comments: