Tuesday, November 09, 2004

The Big Hit


I just finished watching this movie on TBS. I'd never heard of it before, and reading the description on IMDB (I love having internet at work) didn't make it seem that interesting. Still, it starred Mark Wahlberg, Lou Diamond Phillips, and Avery Brooks, which intrigued me. So I watched.




I loved it. It struck me as a mockery of action movies in general, or at least one that didn't take itself very seriously. The plot was... well, not that great, and predictable, but the action sequences were wonderful. Pretty over-the-top fights, chases, and explosions. It was fun, and enjoyable. I think I prefer movies that are just fun. Terminator 3, for instance. It wasn't the great movie that T2 was, but I don't think it tried to be; it was just fun.




I've just installed Libranet Linux onto my PC. I've tried some other Linux distributions, and have generally liked the experience. We'll see if this one sticks. Really, I could do most of my computing in Linux, as all of the major programs I use run under Linux. Gaming though... I'm stuck with Windows for a while.

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Internet works fine - I'm more worried about my mouse. It won't recognize my wireless mouse. I've switched it to a ps/2 port rather than usb, but forgot to change that in the config files.