Monday, November 15, 2004

Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow


Yesterday at work pretty much sucked. I worked a swing, meaning working a shift, sleeping a shift, working a shift. So I didn't exactly get a whole lot of sleep. So here I am at work, the 7am to 3pm shift that I used to work all the time - the most stressful shift at the hotel. You've got to check people out, make sure everyone gets out in time for housekeeping to get their room cleaned, balance the credit card machine, assign rooms, and make keys for all of those rooms, and eventually start checkng people in. Really, it's not that bad... unless you have 3 schools coming in that will occupy most of your rooms right off the bat, and need to worry about the schools that are coming in omorrow, as well as the silly "flow-through rooms" that have no meaning... and I'm starting to rant, and don't mean to do that yet.




All of that was okay, but I had been forewarned that my relief may not have known she was supposed to work today. My manager even called to tell me to call her. So I did - and left a message. Not a good sign. So later I called again, and paged her. She called back 20 minutes later, FURIOUS that she was on the schedule. She was four or five hours away from the hotel.




To cut off a long story, I ended up working 4 extra hours, and then my manager came in, and William came in 2 hours early. So it earned me and William some extra money, but additional animosity... we just don't know who to aim it at.




To make matters worse, my brand new cell phone is not working. Refuses to turn on. I received a phone call from Coke, and when I ended the call I noticed the battery was nearly out, so I put it on the charger. Hasn't turned on since then.




In other news, next week is Tanksgiving, and that means vacation! Yay! I will actually probably end up with 2 days of truly being off, which will be good. The bad thing, though, is I will probably have to cancel class all of next week. Hate doing that. :-(




On another bright side, Simo may be hosting poker night soon! We haven't played poker in so long... I miss it. It was great when we all played together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you Nathan. The cell phone works! we didn't even have to wait for them to mail us a new one! We really need to send in the rebate. I'm sorry work sucked, neither of you deserved that. Stupid blondes. I really hope we have a poker night at Stave's. I love you!

Bridget.

S iseeeybod

translation:
PS this keyboard hates me.