Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Blah blah, oochety smoochety


I did an entry several days ago, but the internet ate it. I swear.




Things go well, here. School has started, and I think I'll enjoy my classes. I'm working some mornings at the hotel again, which means slightly more stress, but I get to hang out more with Jay. We cut up all day today. He's very different as an employer when you spend time with him.




Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time rocks. It captures the spirit of the original 2D side-scroller, and wraps it with gorgeous graphics. The camera could use some work, though.



It occurred to me earlier this evening, and this may be my favorite part of the game, that I think they used the same melody for the healing as they did in the original game.



We are nearly done with Thief 3. The story arc has been quite good. And strange. One of the city quarters is in utter chaos - people killing each other EVERYWHERE. It's tough sneaking past Hammerites waving hammers or casting spells, and city watch thrusting swords, and Pagans with swords and spells, and the random sword-wielding scoundrel on the streets. I think we just have to fight some undead and then the main baddy, and we'll be done. Sounds like fun.



Bridget, of course, would disagree and say fighting undead is NEVER fun.



Next on my list is Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, and 3rd person stealth game, so we get to sit and watch as I creep ever so slowly and silently in a modern setting.



Oh, and I fixed the guest computer at work. It had gone haywire. Yay! for me.

3 comments:

Taphu said...

Kelley ate it, not the internet. :)

Kelley, if you read this, I'm sorry, I just had to..:) Please don't hurt me.

Bridget said...

oooooh, Rick's gonna get it!

Fighting undead is great, once I know we've killed them all and there aer no more undead to be creepy and hurtful. So in a way undead are like shopping. While you're dealing with them/it, they/it are/is the most horrifying thing imaginable. But once done, the results are quite satisfying

oochety smoochety?

Anonymous said...

Corey: Undead are one of my favorite creative creepy forces in DnD, and yet my very least favorite baddy as far as the mechanics side. Undead are basically designed so that in order to be tough they make every class aside from cleric and paladin a real bore to take through graveyards. And thats just not good eats.