Monday, December 20, 2004

Christmas... a few days early


I'll be bringing Bridget to Lafayette tomorrow to spend a few days with her parents before I head down myself on Christmas Day, so I decided we should hold a small present exchange here early, since what I wanted to get Bridget wouldn't carry easily back and forth.



See, I dislike Christmas trees - the maintenance, the set up, just about everything... I could live without, easily. Bridget, on the other hand, LOVES them. We've ad some discussions about getting one this year, but our roommate has also had som misgivings about getting one, so we held off. I talked to him today about getting her a small one, and what do you know, he'd been thinking of the same thing! So, we went off and bout a smallish tree, some ornaments, lights, and two bicycles that bridget has been wanting so we can go riding together. My roommate and I set up the tree, laid the oraments underneath it, and set the bikes up around the tree, and I led her in, hands over her eyes, to the tree. She gasped, giggled, and immediately started setting up lights. She loved it. And that makes me happy.



Poeple have been aksing what I want for Christmas - nothing, really. I'd be just as happy if I got nothing. However... if someone feels the need to get me something... I've been trying to rent Akira Kurosawa's "Seven Samurai" on DVD for some time. It seems like the kind of movie i would love... and I would love to own it, even. So, yeah. "Seven Samurai" on DVD.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure you don't want a subscription to CPU monthly? I've heard its a good magazine and it seems like it would be right up your alley. I think someone should get it for you. Maybe I will...hmmmmmm...


Kelley

=)

Anonymous said...

Kristin: How sweet :) I think I would be a little disappointed without a tree for Christmas too. I've settled with a fake one for now, but some day we'll have a real one.

Anonymous said...

Corey: Well done nathan.


Seven Samurai, as well as the other two krisauwa films that i have seen are very very very wonderfull.

Bridget said...

Thank you Nathan. It was perfect, though not much of an exchange. I got all the gifts!