Friday, December 03, 2004

Western Nights


Sitting here at the BW, finished with my night audit, and wondering what in the world I've done. It was... just too easy. I clicked a button that said "Night Audit", confirmed that, yes, I wanted to run the night audit, and sat back while it did its thing. I felt powerless. At my hotel, you feel empowered, working your way through command prompts mere mortal desk clerks never even see. There were no tapes, no reboots, no balancing of the credit card machine... it was all done with one click. I feel sad.




Daisy and Joe came! There was great doubt that they would, but here they are, with Rosie Posie Gamgee in tow. She really is very cute, if a bit spoiled.




Did I mention that every 5 or 10 minutes, the Trouble alarm goes off over here? Probably a short in the panel... but it's annoying, as I have to go acknowledge the alert and enter a password - for those in the know, it's a typical password for these establishments.




I've been wanting to upgrade my computer recently - I haven't been pleased with game quality. For a long time, I was going to upgrade the CPU... but now I'm leaning towards a new video card. That should take care of a lot of what I need, actually.

4 comments:

Cade said...

may I say I enjoy being there for the night audit
I just love the noise. that old printer running the blue screen white writing. oh it makes me feel all happy just thinking about it. Then again its probably cause I have spent some nights with you guys and its was just part of the experience.

Anonymous said...

Jesus! that alarm was going off when I was there!

On another note, I loved the BW night audit, easy easy. For five fifteen an hour I didnt really need that sense of empowerment

Anonymous said...

That was me corey by the way.

Daisy said...

Hehe. I"m glad you all are okay with my Spoiled puppy.