Sunday, December 05, 2004

Let's go to the movies!


We tried to go see The Inredibles last night, but fortune seemed against us. The theater was having a problem with the projector, so we agonized and decided to watch Christmas with the Kranks, which for those who don't know is based on a book by John Grisham. No, there are no lawyers - well, Tim Allen's character may be a lawyer, but that's not the point. It was a good movie, although slow throughout the first half. There were a lot of genuine laugh-out-loud moments, punctuated by the guffawing woman in the back of the theater (I don't think I'd ever heard a guffaw before her, actually). The previews - oh my god the PREVIEWS. The entire theater was practically rolling in the aisle laughing. Vin Diesel's new movie The Pacifier looks absolutely fantastic. Fat Albert looks to be wonderful.




Christmas Festival weekend, for me at least, is now over. I worked the afternoon shift today, and it went pretty well - I sold all of the rooms we had empty, had only one complaint, struck up some good conversations, was generally helpful to people who were looking for rooms, and mostly surfed the 'net. Life is good with a wireless connection.




Kent has just bought a new DVD writer, and has loaned me his old one, so i am off to install it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, glad it went smoothe for you.

corey

Bridget said...

I so do want to see Fat Albert!