Friday, December 10, 2004

Comics and Competition


I've been so stuck on Real Life recently. After Stumbling Upon it, I've devoured most of it - I've read most of their 5 year back issues already. I've even got Bridget hooked.




It just... reminds me of my life, I guess. The guy's a nerd/geek/whatever, has a little boring day job, lives with a couple of roommates... it's just too similar. Even Bridget thinks so.




Order of the Stick is a great stick-figure comic based on Dungeons and Dragons - absolutely hilarious stuff. Check it out, if you haven't already.




So the other day I buy a local paper, to flip through for job possibilities, and a kicking figure on the back page catches my eye. It looked like a martial arts ad, and I thought, "Sweet, maybe there's a new martial arts store opening up or something." Nope. There's a new studio opening up. Tuition cutting WAY below mine. And the instructor goes by... "Dynamite".




I kid you not.




So... I've been trying to figure out if I should feel threatened by this. I guess we'll find out.




In better news, a couple of students will be bringing by friends of theirs to check out class. Hopefully we'll get a couple of new students out of this.

4 comments:

Bridget said...

Woohoo new students! Forget Dynamite, he looks pretty flexible, but I'm sure you could kick his ass! He's probably olympic tkd or something. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much about 'Dynamite'. If I were a parent, I don't think I'd want my child having anything to do with someone named 'Dynamite'. Maybe do another self defense class early next semester for the college crowd to raise their awareness of you. They are the only ones I could see defecting to 'Dynamite'.

=)

Kelley

Cade said...

how dare you subject me to another WEBCOMIC! ARGH!!!

Anonymous said...

nathan, did cade or adam turn you on to order of the stick? because if so, it came from me muah ha ha. There are about four comics off of the Buzzcomix list that I am following currently.