Saturday, January 29, 2005

Portable Firefox


I'm trying out a "modded" Firefox, for lack of a better term, that is designed to be installed to and run from a portable media device, like a USB drive (what I'm using) or a CD-RW with packet writing enabled. Basically, I can now bring my browser with me anywhere - as long as there's a Windows PC there that I can use it on. It has some things disabled - like saved forms, multiple session cookies - to minimize the read/write access to the drive that it's on. I've got all of my key extensions installed, and I've added Bookmark Synchronizer so I can synch the bookmarks on it an on my home machine - pretty much everything I need. Only downside I've noticed is that it takes longer to load.



Thespian convention was Friday night; I worked at Best Western, and had a pretty slow night, overall. The fire alarm was fixed, thank goodness. Setting up the breakfast sucks, but wasn't that bad, really. I just had no idea what I was doing, and they seemed to have gone out of their way to make it difficult for me by not defrosting any OJ, or gravy, and leaving out a whole pitcher of milk for the WHOLE day. Eww.



Finished my and Bridget's taxes - getting all of our federal income taxes back, and about a third of our state taxes, so we'll be doing pretty good in a few weeks. We're doing good now, actually, since Bridget's $5000 loan check came in. Party! Kidding, of course.

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Yay for money! *preends to fondle $5,000 again, mostly in twentys*

Anonymous said...

I used to hate setting up/watching the breakfast, after working in a fast paced sandwhich shop for two years i laugh at the idea...hahaha

corey

Taphu said...

Geezz.. you are a bigger geek than I am.

Did Bridget show you pango?