Monday, February 28, 2005

Late in the game


As mentioned earlier, I just had my wisdom teeth out. Most people are genuinely surprised that I'm just now getting them out. I don't know when they came in - they are fully exposed, they caused me no pain, they weren't impacted or anything, so I had no reason to really take them out. Their position in my mouth made them difficult to clean well, though, and they began to rot. My first real inkling of this was when I could feel a hole in the side of my tooth.



So now that they're out, it hurts like heck. Dentist gave me a prescription for hydrocodone, and that stuff turns the pain into a distant memory, as well as sets me floating just a bit. I've taken 3 now, I think. The third one... well, they said to eat before taking them. I forgot to, for this last one. I was fine, at first... but slowly this sense of nausea built and built. Roomie gives me some chewable Pepto-Bismol tablets, I eat, I wait, I vomit. Don't you hate standing in front of the toilet, knoing that you'regoing to vomit, and you miss? Never done that? Good. Try not to.



I didn't exactly miss. Most of it got in. The rest, though, got on the floor, me, the wall. It was quite a lot, for one volley. I immediately felt better, of course. Such is the nature of things.



Anyway, I'm off to sleep now. The meds also make me drowsy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had that problem with ibuprofen/advil. You'd think after the first time I would think to eat, but no. What sucks about it is that once I've puked, I need to retake the medicine because it's now in the toilette. This means that I need to eat first..

Sounds like lots of fun :) I haven't had my wisdom teeth out yet either..

Anonymous said...

yup, pretty disgusting man :o)

Bridget said...

If you think this is a gross read, just remember I saw it happen, smelled it and cleaned off the toilet, the floor and the wall.

I love you Nathan, I just like getting my bragging rights in.

Anonymous said...

Bridget, just think of it as practice for children. Think about all the times Mom cleaned up after us. (Dad never did, because he as a particularly sensitive upchuck reflex...or so he claims...)