Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Babies galore



Babies just seem to be everywhere, don't they?



My sister's pregnant, again, Daisy's sister just had a baby, and one of my best friends growing up just sent me a picture of her year old baby girl. First time I'd seen her. Isn't she adorable?



I worry, sometimes, that I won't get to be as big a part of these babies' lives as I would really like to. I only see my nephews a few times a year; Brodi, though, calls me Uncle Nathan now, at least, which is good for a three year old. He doesn't always call me that, of course. I'm a five hour round trip from them; an afternoon visit doesn't often come up. Even the occasional weekend trip can be difficult to arrange.



In the case of my friend, I'm almost 2000 miles away; that's definitely not in the works as an easy visit. Bottom line, I'm not really near anyone. This will eventually change, of course, after I graduate, but even then, we have no idea where I might end up teaching. Or even if I will end up teaching. Or WHEN I'll end up graduating, for that matter. These babies might be nearly grown by that time.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah. They're everywhree, but pardon me if I think Mine is the cutest. :)

-Daisy

Cade said...

:is clearly shocked daisy would say something like that

nathan if it makes you feel any better , I'll move where ever you do and my first born you can have when I don't want them

I KEEED, I KEEED

Anonymous said...

This is one reason I want to move back to Lafayette, so my children stand an outside chance of knowing their Uncle Nathan and Aunt Bridget, and that your children have a chance to know Uncle Chris and Aunt Kelley.

:)

Anonymous said...

I wonder if i will ever feel like a "real" adult. I always feel like i somehow cheated and got let in without actualy passing the test, one day someone is going to find out that im still 13

Anonymous said...

find out some of us already know.....

Anonymous said...

Pfft. Sean and I don't even get mentioned. bah.
And andy and I are planning on trying for another one next year so there will be even more babies.
-Katie