Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Ad astra per aspera

I was introduced several months ago, by a friend, to the fabulous but cancelled sci-fi show Firefly. I had heard of it before, when it was being cancelled, and it inspired a Star Trek-like fan write-in campaign.

The show was quite good; I wish I had caught it while it was on the air, and that I could have lent my viewing weight to its ratings. They are making a movie based on the show, though, in the hopes of garnering a larger audience. I am excited about it.

Which is why I feel it is my duty to show those people who are interested the new trailer for Serenity that was released today. It is in QuickTime format, so you'll need that player installed.

Enjoy!

Oh, and River: DAMN.

*UPDATE* It would appear that an unfinished version of the movie will be screened in select cities across the country on May 5th. Guys down South Carolina way... I don't know how close you are to Atlanta, but you can get tickets here for a showing in that city.

3 comments:

Cade said...

It does look interesting, but I never liked the show. So, I probably want see it.

Cade said...

and wouldn't it be "Up South Carolina way"....we are farther south

Anonymous said...

the acting in that trailer looks to be about on par with the dnd movie...but the effects and kung fu look fun...and the girl is cute so i give it one geek up