Friday, April 08, 2005

New students!


We have just had a RUN of new students recently. First Cade's brother, then one of our regular families brought in a friend, and then I get two new students on Tuesday, and one might bring her son! I mean, that's four or 5 new students, when we haven't seen one in almost six months.




Now, the problem with new students is that they are hard to integrate with our existing students, the majority of whom are already half way through the pre-black belt rank structure. It's not so hard with adults, actually, or with young kids, but in between that... I don't want to slow them down by putting them in my children's class, or throw them in with my advanced students, or throw them in the adult class... so it's a bit of a predicament. For now, though, I'm safe..



I could always add a new class, rearrange the time structure a bit... say, move all the classes up a half hour and add a fourth class, so I have classes at 5, 6, 7, and 8... that could be workable, but then I'm there a LONG time. And do students really want to be going home at 9pm?

No comments: